"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A New Adventure


Hola todos! Estoy en Espana! I arrived at la fundacion around noon and met my roommate! I must say, we have an amazing view of Toledo.




My roommate and I went roaming around Toledo after our naps and it was quite the adventure. There are no such things as straight or parallel streets in this city! I couldn't tell if I was walking in a street or sidewalk because the streets are so narrow. Toledo has such a great atmosphere that I'm falling in love with already though. All of the restaurants have outdoor seating on plazas and there are so many people walking everywhere. The city has so many beautiful sounds! Lots of church bells and bands playing in the streets but these sounds are just background noise to all of the beautiful architecture I saw today. The Catedral Primada was the first building I stumbled upon and the size and detail of the architecture took my breath away. 


I can't wait to explore the city some more and find more hidden treasures, even though this one wasn't so hidden! Well jet lag is getting the best of me! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment